Code of Ethics
Boots For Troops Code of Ethics
- Respect for the communities we work with and serve.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Responsibility for our decisions and their consequences.
We are committed to:
- Acting honestly, truthfully and with integrity in all our transactions and dealings.
- Avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Appropriately handling actual or apparent conflicts of interest in our relationships.
- Treating our program recipients fairly.
- Treating every individual with dignity and respect.
- Treating our employees with respect, fairness and good faith and providing conditions of employment that safeguard their rights and welfare.
- Being a good corporate citizen and complying with both the spirit and the letter of the law.
- Acting responsibly toward the communities in which we work and for the benefit of the
communities that we serve.
- Being responsible, transparent, and accountable for all of our actions.
- Improving accountability, transparency, ethical conduct, and effectiveness of the nonprofit field.
Conflict of Interest Policy
Boots For Troops is committed to addressing potential conflict of interest policies with the board and staff members.
The Organization recognizes that its board and employees have broad interests and participate in many community, charitable and business activities. The broader the individual’s experience, the more valuable the board member or staff member is to the Organization. From time to time, however, a board member or staff member may serve as an officer, staff member, director, trustee or consultant to an organization under consideration for organization support. Situations also may arise where an employee or staff member’s business or personal interests may be affected by a decision.
In all such cases, the organization understands that the potential for conflict of interest needs to be recognized and disclosed, and appropriate steps taken to prevent influence or favoritism by any board or employee in the organization.
This policy applies equally to all investment and business decisions and related matters.